SOLVED

Configure SharePoint List Edit Form Ribbon

Copper Contributor

Hey,

I need to add a button on my Sharepoint list edit form which sends an email to a person.
I was wondering if there is a way to add that button on the ribbon of the form on top in powerapps.
Also, is there a way to send the link to the created record in that email through powerapps.
Thanks

3 Replies

@parthdev You can add button to list form by customizing it using Power apps. Unfortunately, you cannot add button in ribbon (next to Save/Cancel buttons). You can to add within form screen only.

Also, you can use Office 365 Outlook to send an email directly from Power apps. You can get direct link to list item using "Link to item" property of current item.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap , thanks for your reply.
I am using ThisItem.'Link to item' in my formula for sending the mail. But the link to the record is not showing up in the sent mail. If you know about the reason behind this that would be great help.

best response confirmed by parthdev (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@parthdev Using ThisItem.'Link to item' directly will not create a hyperlink. Try generating hyperlink like below in email body: 

"<a href=' & ThisItem.'Link to item' & "'>Link</a>"

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by parthdev (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@parthdev Using ThisItem.'Link to item' directly will not create a hyperlink. Try generating hyperlink like below in email body: 

"<a href=' & ThisItem.'Link to item' & "'>Link</a>"

View solution in original post