Clarify how to share a Flow

MVP

In the Flow FAQ it states:

Can I share the flows I create?

You can share flows in either of these ways:

• You can add co-workers or groups in your organization as owners on your flows, so they can also edit and manage the flow.
  • For flows that can be run manually, you can also grant other people or groups in your organization permission to just run the flow.

Please excuse the simple questions but could someone clarify:

• How flows are shared with others? For example if I create a flow that runs when a new item is added to a SharePoint list will it run when anyone adds a new item to the list or just me? - I do not want to make them Owners just consumers of the Flow.
  • What is the definition of 'run manually'? How do I grant 'run only permission'?

4 Replies
Hi - did you ever find an answer to this?

Not a satisfactory one. My quest continues...

somewhere buried in the Ignite sessions there was mention of support for 'read-only' sharing of flows - which presumably means I can create a flow, share it with lots of read-only users who can then run the flow. I also want to confirm from anyone(?) that the flow will run with THEIR permissions, not mine.

This is a bit unclear.

Anyways, the Ignite conferences mentioned late 2017.

Practically speaking we should be able to create a flow against a LIST/Library and that flow should be available to anyone who visits the list and has some suitable level of permission. Which suggests that it would be super-helpful if list-user permissions were part of the flow conditions and actions.