SOLVED

Check-in files using flow/Power automate

Brass Contributor

How can I use power automate to "Check-in" a selected file in a SharePoint file library?

Any tip is greatly appreciated.

5 Replies
best response confirmed by cad-one (Brass Contributor)
Solution
There is a Check in file action. You may need to get items and then another action to check in.

@Eddoria Thanks a lot !

It worked.

Hi! I stumbled across this post as I have the same request. I have a user that uploaded over 25,000 documents to a document library and didn't check the documents in. I believe I can do this for the user with Power Automate. However, struggling a bit to understand the components that need to be added. Would you be willing to share what you have?

HI @cad-one / @wojcika 

I am not sure if the forum is playing up, but can't see what steps you took to make this work,  you confirm? 

Much appriciated 

Hi @Accessible535 

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to figure it out.  I had to create a flat view of the site and used this to see (as the admin) all files that had been checked out. Then took ownership of them. There is a threshold limit but I just kept at it for a few hours and was able to take ownership of them.

https://www.benprins.net/2015/01/14/sharepoint-show-all-files-which-have-no-checked-in-version/

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by cad-one (Brass Contributor)
Solution
There is a Check in file action. You may need to get items and then another action to check in.

View solution in original post