Can we have Power Apps and Power Automate inside SharePoint On-premises

Steel Contributor

We are working on a new SharePoint project, where the customer does not have any SharePoint licenses yet, and they want to use SharePoint On-Premises.

So I have the following questions, If can we use Power Apps and Power Automate inside SharePoint On-premises? If the answer is Yes, then what version of SharePoint On-premises we need to use?

Second question, If Power Apps is supported inside On-premises SharePoint, then can we use to build the following:

1. Customizing the lists/libraries forms?
  2. Build Standalone canvas apps?
  3. Build Responsive Power apps using the responsive feature provided such as horizontal and vertical containers?
1 Reply

@john john You can use on-premises data gateway to connect with SharePoint on-premises sites/lists in Power Apps and Power Automate.

Check below documentations for more information:

1. What is an on-premises data gateway?
  2. Support for on-premises SharePoint lists

Using data gateway you can develop standalone canvas apps with responsive features as well. Also, as per the comment by @Juan Carlos González Martín on thread: SharePoint 2019 List form customization, list form customizations will not be supported using Power apps.

My recommendation will be to use the SharePoint 2019 as it is latest SharePoint on-premises version with modern experience.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.