SOLVED

Can user selection drive which form is displayed?

Microsoft

I need to create a PowerApp that first ask the user a yes/no question, and if yes, I want the user to go to form1, and if no, the user would go to form2. Is this possible? 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by kywest (Microsoft)
Solution
You would have 3 screens. You could do it in 2 but I'd use 3. First page asks the question with 2 buttons, both buttons should have their onSelect set to Navigate(Screen1/2,Fade) so Screen1 for one Screen2 for the other.

Than you would add the form to each screen and show the fields you want each to complete / submit. Obviously you would either have to have 2 lists, or one list with common fields and only show the ones you want them to fill out. Don't require columns to be filled out or you will get errors if you hide some of those from the other form.

If you need tutorials lookup Shane Young on youtube, his channel has everything you need for learning powerapps.

Thank you!! I am new to PowerApps. I have been watching Shane Young tutorials but I had not seen the function 'Navigate' used. I was trying to build a solution like this but was attempting with incorrect functions like 'Display' and 'View'. I really appreciate the help!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by kywest (Microsoft)
Solution
You would have 3 screens. You could do it in 2 but I'd use 3. First page asks the question with 2 buttons, both buttons should have their onSelect set to Navigate(Screen1/2,Fade) so Screen1 for one Screen2 for the other.

Than you would add the form to each screen and show the fields you want each to complete / submit. Obviously you would either have to have 2 lists, or one list with common fields and only show the ones you want them to fill out. Don't require columns to be filled out or you will get errors if you hide some of those from the other form.

If you need tutorials lookup Shane Young on youtube, his channel has everything you need for learning powerapps.

View solution in original post