Auto response email to form responders with specific attachment - not within organization

Copper Contributor

We are hosting a PD event for teachers in which they evaluate each session they attended using Microsoft forms. I have created a flow that automatically sends responders an email once they submit their form and have that working properly. However, I want to attach a specific OneDrive file (PD Certificate) to the email based on what session they selected in the form (setup as a multiple choice). These are folks outside of our organization. How can I set that up in my flow as an email attachment? We are still virtual, so we need to send certificates via email and we would like for this to be automated. Thanks for any advice!

3 Replies

@CynRes you will neeed to use the switch control in your flow based on the session they attended. In each case in the switch you'll need to add the email action with the specific file as the attachment.

switchDepartment.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott, Thank you! However, I have 12 certificates, and it seems I can't have more than 5 cases? I tried getting file metadata and content and then attaching the file name and file content into the email, but it just isn't working. There are no failures in my flow check, so I don't know what I am doing wrong. 

@RobElliott @RobElliott, Thank you. Please disregard my previous reply. I have been working with the switch case, and it seems to work okay, except I still can't get the file to attach to my email. Here are some screenshots. I really need to get the attachments to work. Thank you so much for your time.

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 5.06.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 5.06.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 5.06.50 PM.png