approval emails are showing html coding

Copper Contributor

I create a power automate workflow for approvals. When the approval request is emailed the formatting shows the plain text html. Is there any way to prevent this? 

In the screenshot, I want to have the emails stop sending the /> for every line.

bpattee_0-1679445059467.png

Thank you for any help!

7 Replies

Hi@bpattee

The approval request email doesn’t support full HTML and CSS. I hope this link is helping you. 
Use Markdown in Power Automate approval requests.

Thanks.

@khushbu how do I remove the HTML or CSS? I haven't used it in the workflow. Does it appear because of the dynamic content?

bpattee_0-1679515226513.png

Hi,@bpattee 

Can you send your Autoflow?

@bpattee Can you show us how you have configured your approval action? Did you copy paste the the HTML in approval message content?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@khushbu Is this what you mean?

bpattee_0-1679609975917.png

The flow is dependent approvals 

@ganeshsanap I did not copy/paste and I did not type the HTML either. I just typed in plain text and used the dynamic content "get response details" to bring in fields from a Microsoft Form. I do not know why the approval email converts the text into HTML when I did not use it or markdown

This is the flow up until the first approval and the settings 

bpattee_0-1679610403027.png

bpattee_1-1679610422462.png

Hello,@bpattee 

I replicate your autoflow. whenever submit the form, It triggers my flow then I send the approval email as per below screenshot, It gives the right formatting in the email, without HTML tag. I think it might be some issue in your email setting. 

khushbu_0-1679639308508.pngkhushbu_1-1679639528196.png