Announcing PowerApps web part (preview) general availability

Microsoft

We are happy to announce that we will be starting to roll out the PowerApps web part (preview) to all tenants worldwide today! It has been a great journey so far with lots of learning along the way.

We have just started the rollout, so your tenant should see it as we rollout gradually for all tenants. Please be aware that it might take few days for the web part to be available in your tenants.

As a bonus, the web part now allows you to show a border around the app to make it more seamless on the page.

powerapps-webpart-show-border.png

Please let us know any feedback or suggestion you have. We did get a lot of feedback with the Targeted Release especially around the ability to embed custom forms and passing parameters to the app. Stay tuned for more updates as we continue to work on our backlog. Meanwhile, let us know how you are using the web part, what you like and not like.

7 Replies

Great News as a lot of companies are waiting for this.

I don't see this announcement in the Office 365 Message Center. How are organizations that don't follow this blog going to be notified about this new capability?

@Dean Gross wrote:

I don't see this announcement in the Office 365 Message Center. How are organizations that don't follow this blog going to be notified about this new capability?

We had published the message back in April when we released the web part to TR. Are you not seeing that message?

Thanks for the reminder, but I'm not seeing that announcement in my clients tenant when I browse through the Active messages that were published in April. Unfortunately, there is still not any searching functionality in the Message Center which makes it difficult to actually find any old messages.

Also, it would be very helpful if there was actually a message posted to a tenant when something like this reached GA. Given that the time it takes from TR to GA varies widely, it is difficult for use to manage change and to communicate to our affected users when we don't have any information about the availability of new functionality like this.

Thanks, @Chakkaradeep (Chaks) Chinnakonda Chandran

Preview and General Availability in the same sentence :thinking_face:

Does this mean it is okay to use this web part in Production sites?