SOLVED

Add like numbers and save to list

Copper Contributor

I would like a Flow that adds like numbers and saves that information to a list.

As an example in the image below have the Flow search for the numbers in the "StatusNumber" column and add all "3's" together, all "1's" ect. so the out put in the list will be.

Status                                      StatusNumber

New                                                   1

In progress                                        1

Completed                                        8

Waiting on someone else                 2

Duplicate                                          1

Graph List.jpg

3 Replies

@Kelvin_D I will suggest you to use the SharePoint default Grouping function if you want to show the number of items with specific status value instead of doing any customizations using power automate or power apps.

Apply grouping on "Status" column. Follow the steps given in documentation: Use grouping to modify a list or library view 

Example output of grouping with count

ganeshsanap_0-1659431073890.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you @ganeshsanap 

Now I have a another issue. my whole reason behind grouping this info was to present it in a graph.

The list info is grouped, but the Graph is not, how to I get the graph to present the information grouped like in the list.

FYI: The Graph is the "Quick Chart" graph that comes default with Sharepoint.

List Info vs Graph info

Grouped Status.jpgGraph Not Grouping.jpg

best response confirmed by Kelvin_D (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Kelvin_D The SharePoint default "Quick Chart" web part has very limited functionalities which might not give you the results you expected.

Check these Chart web parts developed using SPFx which may help you & give you more customization options: Chart Control Samples 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kelvin_D (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Kelvin_D The SharePoint default "Quick Chart" web part has very limited functionalities which might not give you the results you expected.

Check these Chart web parts developed using SPFx which may help you & give you more customization options: Chart Control Samples 

View solution in original post