Multiple custom SharePoint list forms

Copper Contributor

I am looking to setup a very basic inventory Sharepoint list and I know you can create a custom form to capture requirements for the list.  However I wanted to check if it was possible to have a dynamic form so that depending on the item being capture it would show the relevant fields.   E.g. If I am logging that someone has loaned a T-Shirt I would like to capture the Size.  But if I am logging someone loaning a Banner I would not need to capture Size.

Let me know

Mark

3 Replies
Depending on the number of item types and fields you're storing in the list, you could have a separate screen for each item type. When the form loads, the user would select the inventory type and then based on that selection, show the appropriate screen. A simpler approach would be to show/hide fields based on the item type selected, but keep everyone on one screen. In either case, the item type would drive the fields to display. PowerApps doesn't support content types, so that's not an option.

@marko198 If you are looking for just showing/hiding fields based on selections in other columns, you can easily do it using conditional formulas in SharePoint (if you are using one of the supported columns).

DocumentationShow or hide columns in a list or library form 

If you are looking for more advanced functionalities, you will have to customize the list forms using Power Apps where you can use custom logic to show/hide or make fields required based on selections in other fields.

Documentationhttps://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

Hi @marko198 , you can't make a standard Microsoft Form dynamic but you could create a simple Power App. You can also consider creating a macro enabled spreadsheet template which is linked to the list(s) and contains the logic to modify dropdown fields dynamically. The spreadsheet route would have a less user friendly UI but it is an approach that works.