Creating content from a list

Iron Contributor

Hello everyone,

I am extremely new to SharePoint but even newer to Power Automate.

But since I like challenges, then I agreed to redesign my company's intranet, so looking for new things I found the possibility of creating a workflow that sends emails to my colleagues on their birthday or work anniversary. This flow works based on a list created on my website, this list contains the information of my colleagues. This one is working smoothly. 

Now they ask me if it is possible to place a component or something similar on my home page that obtains the information from the list and loads those with birthdays on one side and work anniversaries on the other.

I am sure that it is possible to do it but I don't know how to, can you help me with that?

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply

@ADumith you could have the birthdays listed in 1 list and the work anniversaries in another list. For each list you would need to create a new view where the filter is birthday (or anniversary) is equal to [Today].

But to make the list look good in the web part you would need to format it with JSON formatting. Have a look at https://github.com/pnp/List-Formatting/tree/master/view-samples/birthday-format

Then add a list web part to your SharePoint page and edit it to select the appropriate view.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)