SOLVED

When will Planner be available for Government O365 subscriptions?

Copper Contributor

We have government G3 O365 subscriptions.  When will Planner be available to us?

Thanks

98 Replies

I cheated and tried to log in to Planner directly at tasks.office.com ; I didn't see it either but was curious if I could get in anyway ;)

well done. i have done the same. Lets see. Thanks. 

We're not ready for you yet.
We're still setting things up. Please try again later.
c1bd1cc7-2d62-4e57-bea2-b28f82ed5433
Date and Time: 12/10/2018 8:52:26 PM
Planner Version: 16.0.11120.35001

We're not ready for you yet.
We're still setting things up. Please try again later.

Date and Time: 12/11/2018 3:45:00 PM
Planner Version: 16.0.11127.35001

On the bright side, the O365 Roadmap has been updated to say December 2018:

Planner_Oct18_ReleaseDate.png

Hopefully before Christmas, that would be a nice present!

So the settings are in our Admin Center but still no access to the pages :unamused_face:

2018-12-11 08_22_48-Window.png

Now it looks like it is delayed again until January 3, 2019.

Planner for GCC organizations started rolling out on November 30, 2018. Users will have the ability to begin using Planner via the App Launcher starting January 3, 2019.

It's pretty sneaky that they simply edited the original message in the message center instead of sending out a new one.  

First they said it would be here in November.  Then they changed it to early December.  Then they updated the road map to indicate December 2018.  Now, its January 2019.  

Hi all,

I am not sure about other organizations, but it's worth noting that my organization can at least sign into tasks.office.com and associated Planner with existing Groups. I believe the updated timeline has to do with the fact that the App Launcher isn't present in the application yet. If you log into Planner, it's almost as if you are on an island, unable to jump back to any other Office 365 services. The suite bar actually looks like the "Guest" suite bar that shows up if you log into an O365 tenant as a guest. 

The 1/3 date is honestly a few days later than the 12/30 date they had previously listed, so I am personally not too worried about that shift, I just hope that on 1/3 the service is accessible, has the app launcher and more O365 integration. The service doesn't have the SPO and Teams integration yet as well (although I hear the latter is actively being worked on and should be "soon"). 

Tasks.office.com doesn't work here yet, still same message.

Not worried about the 1-3 date, I just hope this one is more rooted in reality.  It is just difficult when your users are looking forward to something and the date keeps moving....

@Glenn Hasteadt wrote:

Tasks.office.com doesn't work here yet, still same message.

Not worried about the 1-3 date, I just hope this one is more rooted in reality.  It is just difficult when your users are looking forward to something and the date keeps moving....

Agreed.  Mine is working now (with the functionality previously described - the hub is not integrated).  So it looks like they are continuing the rollout.  But I'm still concerned about features and fixes going to GCC and the impact that they (or the lack of them for long periods of time) will have on our user experience.

The Roadmap claims it is now launched as of last month. Needless to say my tenant doesn't have it at all.

PlannerNonLaunch.PNG

No joy here either.  Another date comes and goes.

This has become a real issue for us.  We have delayed pursuing and purchasing another project management / task management solution because why spend the money if this will get us most of what we need for free (not free but you know what I mean).  However, we are left with nothing after months of missed launch windows.

If I were you all I would reach out to your technical account manager. Every now and then there are some scripts that need to be run to get this all showing up. What I can tell you is that in our instance of the GCC we now have Planner enabled.

It's not in the app launcher, doesn't have the SPO and Teams integration yet, but is accessible and usable via tasks.office.com. The app launcher is now present within the service as well.

-Steve

At tasks.office.com this is what we get (which has been what has been said for months now):

PlannerLied.PNG

Our only avenue would be to contact Support, which isn't something I want to have to do. I'll wait another week and see if it magically appears despite the claim that it's been "Launched" for all.

It too has been an issue for us as we have been waiting to roll out Groups and Teams for Planner to show up. If as you said it isn't even integrated with them we'll continue to put off those roll outs as well.

I noticed that Planner finally showed up in the O365 app picker for our GCC tenant this morning (it wasn't there yesterday). Still getting the "Not ready yet" page when you click it but I hope this development means we'll see it working sometime in the next week.

Try now!  If not now, I suspect your agencies will get it over the weekend.

WelcomeToPlanner.png

Yep it's there now. Thanks!
best response confirmed by Eray Chou (Microsoft)
Solution
It's been a long time coming, but Planner is now officially launched in GCC and GCCHigh: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Microsoft-Planner-is-now-available-in-Microsoft-...