SOLVED

When will Planner be available for Government O365 subscriptions?

Copper Contributor

We have government G3 O365 subscriptions.  When will Planner be available to us?

Thanks

98 Replies

According to this page:

https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2015/09/22/introducing-office-365-planner/

"

Q. Which Office 365 plans are eligible for Planner when generally available?

A. Planner will be included in the Office 365 Enterprise E1–E5 subscription plans (including corresponding Government and Non-Profit), Office 365 Business Essentials and Premium plans, and Office 365 Education."

And this page says:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt774581.aspx

"11 Not yet available for Office 365 US Government Community or Office 365 US Government Defense plans, but coming soon."

Microsofts definition of soon is "years" rather than "months" or even "weeks".

And we also find this:

Microsoft Planner in GCC
Microsoft Planner helps users efficiently organize their teamwork. Teams can create new plans, organize and assign tasks, set due dates and update status. Planner also offers the ability to attach documents to specific tasks, edit them together and have conversations around tasks. Planner’s visual dashboards and email notifications help keep everyone informed on the overall progress of their initiative. Planner will be available in Office 365 US Government Community (GCC) when it meets the compliance commitments of the offering.

Last modified: 09/25/2017

So, we just need it to meet compliance commitments.
Hi Folks-

We are now targeting H1 2018. We want Planner available to gov customers as much as anyone, and for a number of reasons, we're not able to deploy until then.

I apologize that we can't ship to the gov cloud sooner.

Dave

I appreciate the update Dave. My boss really wants this functionality and is telling me to shop for an alternative. I have been telling her to wait, but I'm not sure she is will to wait another 6 months. 

I really hate deploying something and shortly thereafter we find it available in something we already have been paying for.

Corey

What is the likelihood of meeting this new timeline? I already told executive staff it would come in December. I don't want to tell them June unless I'm sure. We were originally told Fall 2017 which ends December 20th.

Sounds like you are loosing customers!  And costing your customers money. . .

The long delay is really confusing given that you have already released it elsewhere. . . By the time it is released that will be > 1.6 years after the original release.  Actually, I think that will make it > 2 years after the original release. . .

Just a quick question - what does "H1" of 2018 mean? Does that mean the first half of 2018?

Thanks,

One can tell the priority put forth for "Government" customers.

@Eray Chou , @Dave Heller any update?

Thanks for any news you can provide!

Add me to the list of those who need this feature NOW.  My customers are already shopping/procuring 3rd party products to fill this void.  It's frustrating that we are paying for all of these services that we are not receiving.  I was holding them off until the end of 2017, but if I tell them another 6 months, they won't believe it -- and honestly, neither do I. 

The Office 365 roadmap was updated to specify Q2 of CY2018. For whatever that is worth.. it's more specific than it was previously :) So many we can hope by the end of June?

Roadmap now says Q3 2018.  Updated on March 19th, 2018.

https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-roadmap?filters=#abc

"Planner will be available in Office 365 US Government Community (GCC) when it meets the compliance commitments of the offering."

It's been pushed back for 2 years now, so who knows when it'll actually happen.  It is likely not Microsoft's fault.

Looks like they changed the date once more, and this time they actually have a month/year:

Microsoft Planner for GCC:

Estimated Release: May CY2018

Last modified: 4/27/2018

Um, maybe it is out of compliance, maybe it actually will happen. Usually when they give a month, they are within 60 days, so this is good.

Not sure what changed, but they updated it yesterday:

Microsoft Planner for GCC

Microsoft Planner helps users efficiently organize their teamwork. Teams can create new plans, organize and assign tasks, set due dates and update status. Planner also offers the ability to attach documents to specific tasks, edit them together and have conversations around tasks. Planner’s visual dashboards and email notifications help keep everyone informed on the overall progress of their initiative. Planner will be available in Office 365 US Government Community (GCC) when it meets the compliance commitments of the offering.

I'll believe it when I see it :)

Hey Dave, any update on the rollout progress? We have a recent surge in interest in a task management platform and Planner fits the bill in all areas except availability.

I don't think Dave is the PM anymore. My contact is saying they are missing May, but hoping for June. Honestly, who knows though.

Well, that's a little disappointing, but I guess all we can do is wait. I have the license, so now I guess we just check on the daily. Thanks!