What new features to expect in Planner?

Bronze Contributor

As per Planner uservoice, below are the Planned features we can expect in Planner.

1. Support viewing Planner Tasks on an Outlook Calendar
Ability to turn on an iCalendar feed (.ics feed) for the “My Tasks” view and for each Plan. You can subscribe to this feed in Outlook to see Planner tasks in context with your other events.

2. Create a Calendar/Schedule visualization
A new view that allows you to easily view and edit tasks in the context of a calendar.

3. Due date notification
Send due date notifications daily for tasks that are due at various intervals (due in 7 days, due in 3 days, due tomorrow, due today, 1 day overdue etc)

7 Replies

Do you know when these features will become available? This would really help in making the Planner application workable and if it takes much longer, we'll be looking for another task management tool.

Unfortunately no :(
Even some super simple basic ones, like printing or exporting, are desperately needed. I'd hope to see some movement on the little rocks instead of full focus on the big ones.

We're a rapidly growing small business, now that we've grown to 25+, we're searching for a tool that allows us to track and delegate tasks across the whole team. Since we use Office 365 for everything, Planner originally seemed like the smart choice. But without these kinds of features (or simple things like being able to copy/paste a task), it's just unworkable at the present. Hopefully these new features will roll out on a timeline that matches our needs. Thanks.

Hi @Brent Ellis, but I do not see these features (Export) coming in to planner in a short while. Sorry....

Hi @Austin Lasseter, hope the best.. :) 

How about some progress towards simple, functioning Notifications.

It's been "started" in UserVoice since April 4th, 2016, which is 448 days as of this writing.

Hey, let's have a team task management app where you either receive an email for every group action performed (subscribed) or you receive absolutely no notifications at all.

Brilliant.