Way to see all Planner tasks assigned to a team member?

Brass Contributor

Is there a way to see all project tasks assigned to a team member? Or is this functionality on the radar? I can see all my assigned tasks, and I can see tasks by person by project, but as a manager, I would like a way to see all tasks assigned to my team members across all of their projects/functional areas, so that we can quickly evaluate their current workload, reprioritize and assign new tasks accordingly. What I'm thinking is that there would be a filter option to see buckets by team member of their collective project tasks, like the view currently available right now by individual projects. Interested in the capability to overlay multiple projects. 

Thanks!

39 Replies
Only way to have the view you are requesting is through the Charts view in Planner
Only per plan though, right? I don't see that capability/view for another team member across multiple projects.

@kendraweaver Viewing or managing the tasks across multiple plans at once is not available in Planner. You need to use the third-party app to do this. 

Unfortunately, on last check, not out of the box apparently.

You can create a flow in PowerAutomate to read all tasks and then write it into something like an excel spreadsheet.

In our organisation, we use this to collate tasks across all plans assigned to a given user.

The flow needs to run on their M365 account as you cant do it for another user, if that makes sense.

@kendraweaver 

This feature is very useful. Does anyone know if this feature is in the works? Or do we have to look for a 3rd party app as suggested? Any recommendations for the 3rd-party app?
You can try Apps4Pro Planner Manager.

@kendraweaverI don't this is possible. What a shit app.

@kendraweaver This needs to be implemented, I am running into the exact same issue.  If they can use planner and ToDo to display "My Tasks" and "Assigned to Me", it can certainly be done as a filter so you can choose "Assinged To" would even be usefull to select empty for "Assigned To" to find all tasks that do not have an assignment.

This is a "no brainer" how else can you implement this across the board and still manage your people?

We also need this feature to in our company.
I am going to build a simple web application which will provide a temporary solution for this problem.

In a few weeks I will post an update here.

I'm gonna use Spring Boot in combination with Vue.js and utilize the MS-Graph API.

@swissbuechi I look forward to seeing this temporary solution. :smile:

I think there is a way to do this via #powerapps but is very hard app to develop for a beginner. If someone can add the link to this kind of solution, or anyone in the #planner developing team can add the link to this feature in the road map... :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

thanks a lot.
I now got a working solution using Vue.js only. No backend needed.
I will post a tutorial in the next few days.
Brilliant, look forward to see it!

This should be considered, management of all of the Plans in a Team seems to be a must have feature if Planner has a future at all.

@swissbuechi I am a Design Team Manager and I am very interested in seeing this! Would be very helpful.

Glad to see I'm not the only one interested in this feature. I hate that we pay for other PM software when we have Planner already available and we're in Teams all day. We don't need anything robust, just something with slight more functionality to help us manage overall.

@kendraweaver 

Update about the App I'm currently building

The App not very useful at the moment as it does not yet solve the main problem.

Since the App uses Azure AD Single-Sign-On to get access to Graph API, it's by design not possible to receive Planner Tasks from another person...

You can read about the current status in the GitHub Repository: https://github.com/swissbuechi/microsoft-tasks-overview-app

I now have to write a backend to get around this limitation... I will keep you updated.

@kendraweaver This is the exact feature I was looking for tonight as well. Without it, we will end up having to get Trello or something like that and we would so much rather use Tasks in Teams as we use Teams all day. Also, Trello is quite expensive for a team to get. It does have Teams integrations, but Tasks by Planner and To Do would be so much better if it was just a bit more fleshed out!!! Comon Microsoft!!