SOLVED

To Do Planner app has no bucket option

Brass Contributor

Hi,

The bucket feature is no longer available in the new version of Planner. Our users are quite annoyed, including me as an IT Admin, that we can no longer separate our Planner tasks and projects into separate buckets. Is there a workaround to add the bucket feature back?

Or are there plans to add the bucket feature to the new Planner app?

Thanks.

5 Replies
best response confirmed by citizen_c (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@citizen_c  The new "Tasks in Teams" app combines your personal tasks from ToDo app and Team tasks from Planner app. 

My Tasks (ToDo) - Personal tasks

Shared Plans (Planner) - Team tasks. Here you will see all the plans you have added as tabs in team channels. 

Can you try to open the task listed in Shared Plans (Planner) and see if the buckets are listed? 

The personal tasks from ToDo does not contain buckets. 

@Santhosh Balakrishnan  Thanks Santhosh! :smile: Mystery solved! Found my buckets under Share Plans. 

Hey, I can't believe there is not bucket option within our personal ToDo lists - why is this? this sort of renders the personal ToDo useless to many users - we need buckets to manage tasks on a personal level too. Can I set up a personal Plan without setting up an entire teams workspace etc? trying to find a work around.
Agreed. I came across the bucket functionality in a shared plan and was excited to finally migrate my personal to do list out of Excel and into Teams. The personal To Do list is quite literally useless if I can't track progress beyond "Not Started" and "Complete"
Long time searching to find this answer. I agree, this makes "Assigned to me" useless - I have tasks from more than 40 teams, I can't click through each team just to filter on buckets.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by citizen_c (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@citizen_c  The new "Tasks in Teams" app combines your personal tasks from ToDo app and Team tasks from Planner app. 

My Tasks (ToDo) - Personal tasks

Shared Plans (Planner) - Team tasks. Here you will see all the plans you have added as tabs in team channels. 

Can you try to open the task listed in Shared Plans (Planner) and see if the buckets are listed? 

The personal tasks from ToDo does not contain buckets. 

View solution in original post