SharePoint Team's site not synchronizing with Team's existing plan in Planner

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have tried to search everywhere for my problem, but it seems i don't have any luck with this. Perhaps i'm typing the wrong questions on Google (or in here) as i am SharePoint beginner, so i hope that people in here can help me.

So, the problem i have is the following: When i go to the SharePoint Team's site and go to New > Plan i have the 2 options, either create a new or choose existing. Since i already have the Plan called ETO (created previously in Planner), i chose that one under Select an existing plan. While everything looks ok when i click Create, the plan ETO doesn't sync at all. No buckets, no tasks, nothing. But when i go into Planer, everything seems fine there.

What i've tried is to make a copy of the ETO plan in Planner, so then i went back to SharePoint and did the same thing, only chose the Copy of ETO and it worked! 

I have to point out that at one time i have deleted the SharePoint site, thinking that we don't need that and it has no connections to the Planner. But i have restored the group and from that point on it seems like SharePoint and existing plan have lost connection. The same thing happens when i try to add the existing plan in Teams.

Since we have a lot of tasks, it would be a nightmare to reassign everything to the correct people.

How can i sync back the original Plan and the SharePoint/Teams?

7 Replies

@MladenJlet me clarify that for you, so from the place you are trying to create a new plan actually that is a place where you are creating a new planner which also generates Sharepoint, Teams, and Group for it... while you were doing the copy option you are able to see it because you are copying the same old planner....

here is a quick tip try to find the same Teams where you had the planner, which should have its own Group, Sharepoint, and Teams... so than inside Teams > general channel try to create a new or existing planner what it will do create a plan or planner with the same M365 environment that is sync with Planner, Teams, Groups, and Sharepoint...

this is Microsoft Docs about Planner inside Teams.... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-a-plan-with-planner-in-teams-fa65ee5c-3c9b-42da-97...

Share back what is your experience with this...

@PDostiyar Hi, thanks for replying. 

I have tried to sync the existing plan from Planner in Teams channel, but it still doesn't work. 

My steps were: 
1. Go in General channel of the team

2. Add a tab and select Tasks by Planner

3. Select "Use an existing plan from this team" and under dropdown i select the original ETO plan and click save.

After i do that, nothing happens. But if i create a new plan from Teams it is syncing with Planner.

Somehow  i think, when i deleted the SharePoint site, the existing connection from the ETO plan and M365 group was deleted and there is no visible option to re-connect the two.

@MladenJthis is aspected behavior if you have deleted the Sharepoint/Teams you are not able to Sync that planner with another Sharepoint/Team these are the two alternatives....

1 - Try to search for the Deleted Sharepoint Site/Teams if you are able to recover the deleted SharePoint site make sure it is connected to Group if not try to connect it to the group and it will have its own Teams and the same planner make connect back...

2 - Create a new Teams/Sharepoint and try to add a planner using the same method you did by adding a new planner and then on planner try to find the old ETO and move the tasks one by one to this newly created planner... this way it will be a move to new Teams/Sharepoint and also synced then you could delete the ETO to get rid of that....

Share your experience how that goes... ??

Regards

Pervaiz Dostiyar

@PDostiyar  Hi, happy New Year :) 

I did recovered the deleted group and the plan was also recovered, but it is not syncing anymore.

I am able to see the plan in my personal Teams, but when i try to sync it with the team Teams then it is not syncing. 

This was all described in my first post.

How can i make sure the plan is connected to the group?

The option 2 is not viable for me, because we have lot of projects and comments would have to be manually entered for each one. 

@MladenJok great... so you are saying you have recovered the same deleted group, did you check the same group has recovered the Sharepoint and the Teams..

if yes for both on the Teams you need to click on the general channel and create a new tab and us existing plan and then select the plan you are using again you have to select the same planner which comes with this Group, Teams, and Sharepoint, it should sync if you are selecting any other planner that has the same or similar name it will not sync as aspected....

please let me know if that helps...

@PDostiyar  Wow, i'm not sure if we are speaking the same language here, since it looks like you are not even reading what i'm saying.

I wrote everything what i did and what happened in the first post and i'm just repeating this each time i reply. 

To answer your question: Yes, everything was recovered. But when i tried to select existing plan it did not allow, because it showed no plans. But, when i logged into Planner, everything seemed ok, like it was before i deleted the SharePoint site. The ETO plan exist, but it is not showing in the Teams General channel as the option to select it.

@MladenJHaha I do read your comment and replies my friend, that is why I am asking you more question what made me ask you a question once you said the SharePoint is deleted and Teams / Planner is still in user...

as per my understanding once you delete a group/Sharepoint/Teams/Planner it will delete everything else...

so you have to make sure if you have deleted the Sharepoint, Why you still see the Teams?

if you have recovered back everything it should work normally but again if you are doing the right process and looking into the same Teams/Sharepoint/Group/Planner.