Schedule view - all of a sudden, tasks are white?

Copper Contributor

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I opened up Microsoft Planner's schedule view, and all the tasks are appearing white. This makes them impossible to see with the schedule itself also having a white background.

The tasks still have their start/due date, and you can see the tasks spanning over multiple days as shown in the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 9.46.56 am.png

How can I fix this?

13 Replies
Have you tried to access Planner on different browsers? If so and you see the problem no matter the brower you use, please open a support ticket

Hi @dylanlindgren - I noticed the same thing, but on the card view/main page.

I'm using Edge (new Edge/Chromium dev build) but I see the same thing with Chrome.

Planner-White.png

I think this is a style update but I definitely preferred the previous style.

@dylanlindgren  - Yes, I am also having this issue in the schedule and board view on Chrome, Edge, and IE. It makes it difficult to see when tasks start and end in the schedule view.

Same problem here, impossible to distinguish the start and end dates of the tasks on the schedule view. Any workaround? Should we open a ticket?

Same issue. It used to work fine though.

There is a work around.

If you create a task from the board, it will show like this...

Annotation 2019-10-15 091712.png

However, if you add the task from the calendar view it will sometimes work. But, this is not always repeatable.  I have no idea what MS has done, but it seems they borked it up.

Annotation 2019-10-15 092326.png

Nope. I was wrong.

You can see that the task is only possible to see, when it is in the past.

Annotation past.png

However, as soon as you drag the task to the present or in the future, the color is automatically changed to white on white again.

Annotation 2019-10-15 092851.png

Looks like it's been fixed:

Overdue tasks are red, on a white background.

Regular tasks are grey, on a white background.

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 10.58.34 am.png

Thanks to whoever fixed!

Fixed, thanks MS!

fixed for me as well.

Thanks MS

@dylanlindgren 

It still looks white to me. Are you sure it has been fixed? Is ther a workaround?

About a month ago, the completed tasks were green, in progress or not started in grey, and overdue on red. Now the completed tasks turn grey, not green. Anyone else notice this?
I have been seeing this for the last couple of days. I'm also seeing previous tasks colored red in the calendar view, even though they are completed. It's all messed up.

@dbuchter 

The only update I see in Message Center related to this change in Planner could be the Planner tasks storage location update but it doesn't show anything directly.  Maybe because the tasks are now also stored in exchange mailboxes it affected the coloring?

How this will affect your organization:

A secondary copy of Planner tasks which are assigned to at least one user will be stored in the user’s Exchange mailbox. If a task is assigned to multiple users, each user will have a copy of the task stored inside their individual mailbox. Unassigned tasks will not be copied to a mailbox.

For end users, existing To Do, Planner, and Outlook Task experiences will remain the same.

This update supports our work to add Planner tasks to eDiscovery and to build deeper integrations between To Do and Planner.

What you need to do to prepare:

There are no changes to end user experiences for the Planner or To Do apps. Planner tasks assigned to users will automatically start appearing as part of existing eDiscovery experiences.