Rolling out: Guest access support for tasks in Planner

Bronze Contributor

Seems MSFT started rolling out Guest access for planner. I can able to assign tasks for guests. Exciting!

Planner Guest AccessPlanner Guest Access

23 Replies
Santosh, you are my hero!!! Always ahead in what's coming in Planner ^-^

Wow that was fast @ignite16 the fasttrack guy told me that use about 3 months

I tested it last night. For our EMEA tenant it does not work. Could it be that your selected external user has a Federation with you or has at least his own O365 tenant?
Can you able to add guests to your Office 365 Groups?

No because i have no E-Mail Licences. This features seams only to work if you have already Office365 mail and added the external contacts in Office365 groups.

Does this actually work? I can invite a guest user as you show in your screenshot...

but when the guest user signs in... they don't seem to be able to access Planner at all???

Also all references to guest access and planner seem to have dissappeared from the roadmap

@William Evans, Hi, The external user cannot able to login to Planner to view his cards as of now. Support for external user is in roadmap. But you can able to assign tasks to external users as they are supported in O365 Groups. The external user will get email notification for all updates and can participate via groups. Also external user can post an update to the task by just replying to the email and it will be available in the comments section in the task card. HTH.

Thought I was losing the plot when reading this post, as I saw it in RoadMap. 

Hope this is finished soon.

Hola,

Has this functionality been worked? Or any idea of when it can be made available to guest-users?

Guest Invitation is working, but there are some limitations to check.

First the guest user has to have a active office365 Account with Azure AD.

Second, the assigned Licence has to be configured for "Teams" and "Planned" and the function Switches has to be activated.

If you want to include external persons where no own AzureAD has, you can invite the users as a azure AD guest in your Azure to give them a temporary licence.

Do you know how this works?

Second, the assigned Licence has to be configured for "Teams" and "Planned" and the function Switches has to be activated

I have setup a test plan to invite you

That'd be great... Really I think Planner is just exactly as Trello, and would like everything integrated within my tools.  Can we test this functionality? I have assigned just those two temporary licenses to an external user, but the still get an error uf (401-Unathorized access....).

Any other license needs to be activated, or just with Teams & Planner is enough?

Hi, I have tried this with different domains and I received 404-Unauthorized access. It seems it is not yet ready. 

Correct - this is still on the roadmap as under development - with a target availability date of Q1 next year (2018) - https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-roadmap?filters=%26freeformsearch=Planner#abc Microsoft Planner: Guest User Access Microsoft Planner will support task assignment and collaboration with team members who are not a part of the tenant. This helps teams collaborate with their vendors and channel partners effectively. Estimated Release: Q1 CY2018 Feature ID: 14702 Added to Roadmap: 06/08/2017 Last modified : 12/12/2017 Tags: O365

Hello! What do you mean by Second, the assigned Licence has to be configured for "Teams" and "Planned" and the function Switches has to be activated? What is the function Switches?

@Patrick Fontana wrote:

Guest Invitation is working, but there are some limitations to check.

Second, the assigned Licence has to be configured for "Teams" and "Planned" and the function Switches has to be activated.

If you want to include external persons where no own AzureAD has, you can invite the users as a azure AD guest in your Azure to give them a temporary licence.

Hello! What do you mean by Second, the assigned Licence has to be configured for "Teams" and "Planned" and the function Switches has to be activated? What is the function Switches?

Can you also open attachments when you need to scroll down to reach them? It bounces back up as soon as you click on the attachment link without opening it.

Terrible bug left unfixed for weeks now.

@Santhosh Balakrishnan wrote:

Seems MSFT started rolling out Guest access for planner. I can able to assign tasks for guests. Exciting!

Planner Guest AccessPlanner Guest Access

I have sent you a test task, can you confirm you can see and update task?