SOLVED

Planner Web Part - update

Iron Contributor

First of all, happy new year everyone!

Since I actively try following up all new features in Office 365 multiple times per week, I was hoping to see the Planner web part to be arriving on modern team sites. Unfortunately, this was not the case - not even for First Targeted Release.

https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-roadmap?filters=sharepoint&freeformsearch=plan...

The estimated release date was QY 2017. Does anyone has an update on this matter? As a consultant I have multiple customers who are eager to start using this functionality. We are talking about stock market listed multinationals here, so we absolutely cannot afford to lose them over such small (but for the business impactful) matter.

Thanks in advance!

12 Replies

Hi Pieter,

Have not seen anything around it yet so curious when it is going to be available in the tennants.

A not only the Planner WebPart, many of the new WebParts disclosed at Ignite have not arrived yet

I don't mind the fact that they didn't show up yet - I do mind the fact that our customers can also see the timings on the O365 roadmap site and plan accordingly. Logically, they turn to me/us/their consultants to check the latest status.

A suggestion towards communicated timings:

• Communicate realistic timings
  • Split up timings in Targeted Release and Public
    • Even hide Targeted Release release dates for the public and make it available for, let's say, partners
  • Post updates regarding topics such as "We have found additional dependencies which causes the delivery of this web part to be a couple of weeks later. The great news is that additional features will be covered which leads towards a better adoption rate" or something like that :)

;) Just to be clear: I agree with you and I don't work for Microsoft so what you have to do here is just post the message as you have done here and also ping Microsoft people that are in charge of Roadmap and specifically of SPO new stuff coming to Office 365 @Brian Levenson @Mark Kashman @Dan Holme @Chris McNulty

Thanks for the feedback - we know that *most* of our customers could use more precise guidance on release schedules, and are working to figure out better ways to communicate change to you.

The roadmap is intended to be a guide, and not a precise schedule about what drops when; that is more properly the role of the Message Center.  To be fair, its not that we wont disclose precise dates weeks or months in advance - its that we don't know the dates that far in advance - and when innovations are ready to release, we tend not to "sit" on them.

Not sure I agree with:

@Pieter Op De Beéck wrote:

...Even hide Targeted Release release dates for the public and make it available for, let's say, partners

There's a world of organizations who won't use partners and still deserve to plan. I think the key is your last statement:

Pieter Op De Beéck wrote:
  • Post updates regarding topics such as "We have found additional dependencies which causes the delivery of this web part to be a couple of weeks later. The great news is that additional features will be covered which leads towards a better adoption rate" or something like that :)

Just update us... ideally before the date passes. That's all we're looking for. 

best response confirmed by Pieter Op De Beéck (Iron Contributor)
Solution

We have an update!!!

1.png2.png

Been viewing the roadmap with great interest over the last year. Planner is a brilliant app part of our Office365 suite that as we have moved into more Sharepoint utilisation, would be brilliant to be able to integrate with a web part.

Really looking forward to seeing Planner hookins become more prevalent. Really do think it's a brilliant application that is so simple yet looks slick and clean, and does exactly what I need. 

The potential Sharepoint web part will be brilliant (depending on how it works) if I can bring Planner visualisation straight into sharepoint sites to display tasks and overall project milestones

Hi, it either shows you the entire board view or the overview dashboard. Nothing currently available such as "My tasks" or other filter possibilities ... Soon? :)

Will keep my eyes peeled to see when the update drops and what it looks like. At this point I just need some basic integration, even high level stuff. So the board view or dashboard would even help. At present I've just got "links" to planners in Sharepoint which obviously could look better, but also requires additional clicks instead of what I want in terms of presenting information to stakeholders in a central location

Still not able to see the Planner Web Part in Modern team site. :(  

When is this expected to be rolled out for all tenants?

Published On : April 25, 2018
We are introducing the new PowerApps web part (preview) for SharePoint Online. This message is associated with Office 365 Roadmap ID 16117.

We'll be gradually rolling this out to Targeted Release customers in early May 2018.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Pieter Op De Beéck (Iron Contributor)
Solution

We have an update!!!

1.png2.png

View solution in original post