Planner Task History

Brass Contributor

I think this question has been asked before some time ago, but is there any way of getting Planner task history using OData Microsoft Graph?

12 Replies
What do you mean by Task History?

Hi @Juan Carlos González Martín 

I mean every version the Task creates.  So if I create a task and assign it to myself and save, an then assign it to a colleague and save, that would be two versions.  I would like to be able to see all changes either through versions of the task in a table, or some kind of change log.

Thanks

Gerald 

Sorry @ghdunn - there isn't a change log for tasks that you can access.  If you subscribe to Group and have notifiactions set then you will certainly have some history of changes in your inbox - but I appreciate that isn't quite what you are looking for.

Best regards,

Brian.

Hey Gerald,
Could you find any news regarding this topic? I´d imagine with Flow or Graph a solution is possible, but before heading into it, maybe there´s some easier solution I oversaw.

@RDogPinK 

Sorry..overlooked this.  No, I didn't find anything.  I have also discovered that even if Planner sat on CDS there isn't an easily available history table there, since you need the XRMToolkit utility to access history tables.  Good luck!

@ghdunn - it would be great to have history, or at least a log showing who touched the task last.

@Frank145 actually this feature exists in planner, you can check last modified by under task name when you open it.

@Bluearias @Frank145 That may be correct in the front end...but just bear in mind that the OP asked about querying the back end.

I just found an easy workaround that doesn't directly solve your question, but may assist you. With our license, we can use Power Automate within Microsoft Teams at my org. I create a channel, like "Our Work" where I put the plan in Planner as a tab. Then I use Power Automate to create two flows, one for when a task is created in Planner, and one for when a task is completed in Planner, where the flows post to this channel in Teams. It's not perfect, but it does give a list of tasks created and completed for some record of the times. This is very helpful for managers.
Sorry...overlooked this...yes...you could trigger an event and capture these in a database. Would be so much easier if it were a native feature. Thanks!
Any update on having a change log?