SOLVED

Planner is showing alot of tasks in red and others in grey even when completed

Brass Contributor

Planner is showing alot of tasks in red and others in grey even when completed. I can't get any task to show green when complete.  I have tried signing in and out with no luck. Is there an internal issue/bug?

can anyone please help?

Johannde_0-1637381743323.png

28 Replies
It seems to be something internal/buggy. Best you can do here is to open a support ticket so Microsoft support can take a look
Same problem here. Also, finished tasks are greyed out (no green)
same problem here - any update on a fix?

Ditto. Hoping this gets resolved soon. I use the Calendar quite a bit in Planner, and now Late Task have the same color as Completed Tasks. Kinda makes it hard to work that way ;)

@Tom_Herrera Hi Tom! Same thing is happening in our Planner environment as well.

@Johannde Same issue here. This is disastrous for usability. 

This just started happening to us today...and is totally unworkable. @Johannde Did you submit a ticket?

Havent been able to get in contact with business 365 support yet - has anyone else?@dwkmeg 

Same here, finished tasks on the chart appear red. Please fix it.
I assume that this particular problem with the color of tasks in Schedule view (Tasks by Planner and To Do) will be resolved back to the default Red (late) Grey (scheduled) & Green (completed) once the developers notice the issue. THE REAL PROBLEM is that users do not have control over the coloring of tasks beyond the red gray green default.

Yes @fmhemmerls , I would like to see the option to have tasks coloured in based on the label colours assigned. 

Same here, it is very frustrating. I hope they fix it soon.

@Johannde I summitted a ticket within Planner. We'll see.

We have the same problem, hope it will be fixed soon
I have lodged the concern with my it department who has contacted Microsoft with this thread as further evidence- will see what they say
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Johannde (Brass Contributor)
Solution
According to my IT department at uni, the 365 support have said it's an update in the design of the system which they are trialling - although it seems to be really poorly designed, to only have a tick displayed when completed with no colour change. It also seems like the issues discussed here are more buggy in nature because surely this hasn't been changed on purpose?

View solution in original post