Planner is gaslighting us: Label updates don't persist

Copper Contributor

In Planner, labels that are added or removed to tasks do not persist. Our team lead updates labels in the morning before our sprint planning session. She has exports to Excel that show that she made the label updates, but later, when I'm looking at my Planner board, the updates are not present. I refreshed the page display of Planner before sprint planning, though, and it seems possible that the state of the Planner board on my machine may have overwritten her work. We have documentation of the errors. Is this a known issue? Has anyone else observed this? Is there a workaround we can use until the issue is addressed?

4 Replies
Hi!
I'm not aware of this overwrite behavior. Could it be the case somebody else updated the labels? Unfortunately no workaround for this isue
no, the team lead has exports to Excel that show that the labels were updated. When I reviewed Planner hours later, the updates were no longer present. It's a puzzle. Thanks for the post--I was beginning to wonder whether my post was visible. :)
The behavior seems consistent with a race condition, actually. Any thoughts on that?
This problem continues and it's been 9 months since we reported it. I expected to hear an explanation from the MS Planner team that this problem is caused by time needed for load balancing among servers, and concurrent updates. We manage to continue using Planner although this problem continues to be aggravating. . . and I still don't have the Microsoft Planner team's input, which is unfortunate.