Planner error - You've run out of space

MVP

Anyone seen below message in Planner?. I don't remember any space constraint apart from SPO site collection.

planner.png

32 Replies

Lol, what did you do? :)

that will teach you to assign 1 centillion tasks to a single user :)
LOL, not seeing this...maybe time to open a support ticket!

After deleting few tasks, I was able to add new tasks.  But those old tasks, don't have any attachments. Finally I removed old buckets and working on the plan now. I will raise the support ticket.

How do you get support?  I've been "managing my space" by deleting tasks, however I can't "make" anymore space, I can't use planner anymore. 

Please help!

I have managed to live by deleting all the old buckets, and I have created the support ticket today. I will post any update that I receive.

Got below response from the support.

Reason for this issue is the user reached the 250 task limitation.

On further search found the below URLs, which may be useful.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_o365admin-mso_manage/planner-out-of-spac...

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/16700584-re...

I feel this limitation is not correct.

LOL...I think this limit should be removed. I think 250 tasks can be easily reached for a plan
Thank you for responding.

I run an IT department of two people and we can't use planner anymore because "we are out of space".  I can't imagine how a larger company is using this.  I keep thinking there must be something wrong with our setup. 

I've just created a brand new plan and can't assign a single task to my assistant. 

I agree this is definitively not good...have you opened a support ticket and also submitted this info in user voice? In the mean time, I will try to help you involving some of the guys at Microsoft that work with Planner

Support, well that's another thing, yes we have opened support with Ingram Support since Microsoft support directs us back to our supplier. 

PS.  Thank you!!!

Adding @Dave Heller who might be able to answer some of your questions.

Thanks for the feedback! In the long term, those limits will likely be erased, but in the short term I will see what I can do to troubleshoot.
Thanks for this update!

Thank you.  I found a quick way to delete all of my 2016 work, so I am doing that this week so I can start working in 2017. We'll see how far into the year I get!  If not, there's always Trello to go back to. 

PS.  My Microsoft partner also got about the same answer, they replied with "There were no further updates other than Support repeating the same suggestions. I made it a point of emphasis that this is something they should be looking at since the limit is rather restrictive. I did reference your threads and the information found there as well. I will close out the ticket for this issue since there isn’t much else we can do about it at this time unless MS changes the limit."

There are some limits in Planner for number of tasks per plan - and also some Groups limits for the numbers of group you can belong to. We are still fine tuning the specific limits and once we have then we will document them. For now you will need to remove completed plans/tasks so you can add additional ones. Best regards, Brian

Again, thank you very much for your reply and help.  I REALLY LIKE Planner!  Just so bummed I'm stuck.  Your reply isn't exactly my experience, for example, I wiped out entire plans and created new ones.  The new plan says "out of space", one with zero tasks.  Knowing the true limits will help, maybe I can figure out how to use it again.  Please and thank you!

@Juan Carlos González Martín wrote:
LOL...I think this limit should be removed. I think 250 tasks can be easily reached for a plan

Wow wow wow, just saw this limitation, that is absolutely absurd!