Planner Bucket Templates

Iron Contributor
I'd like to know if it's possible to create bucket templates I have a finance client that uses the same task flow for each client they setup, and they want create new buckets based on the same tasks each time, rather than having to create a bucket and setup the same tasks every single time.
19 Replies
Short answer is: currently no...but Microsoft is working to brimg the concept of templates to Office 365. No ETA defined yet
Hi, You can able to create bucket templates in excel and import it to any plan you create by using the add-in Apps4.Pro Planner.
Hi Santhosh, I watched the video on this site: http://apps4.pro/ Very curious to know how to create a bucket template in excel that my customer can reuse and import into a new bucket each time they create a new bucket for a client. Thanks.
I'm looking for something similar, I sat down with a client recently who was a big user of Trello and was looking to move to use Planner so they can keep tasks within Office 365. The only thing holding them back was that Trello gave them the ability to copy a board, which in Planner is currently not an option.

Is there an API that can be hooked into to create tasks in a plan?
It would appear that the answer is yes, thanks to @PaoloPia on Twitter.

You can use the Microsoft Graph API to create new Tasks in Planner
https://graph.microsoft.io/en-us/docs/api-reference/beta/resources/task

Ideed Santosh's App is using that API behind the scenes...

Any updates as to this feature becoming standard within planner/buckets/teams?

I'm having to resort to sticking with Basecamp until this (What seems like a standard PM feature) becomes available in Teams...

Shame.

It’s currently in development and according to MS , in the last stages as well!

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/11332998-pr...

Adam

Thanks Adam.

Working across a single platform is the goal as our entire business is using Office 365 but my skill-set doesn't quite reach to integrating API's so having to still use Basecamp in the meantime.

Fingers crossed for this one... :)

Mine too :)

@adam deltinger  This was in development in 2016.  It seems that, since you wrote a year ago, "last stages" is up to a broad interpretation.  Oh well. 

@adam deltingerWe need the ability to import bucket templates to existing plans. This is needed when a customer is adding an optional project part to an existing plan.

Please post/vote for this on planner uservoice

@adam deltinger

I have voted and posted just now as the issue is still pending. Hopefully it will result in an additional feature.

DE

@Dylan_Evansand co yes +1 for that feature!

+1 here as well.
This crucial feature has been “in progress” since 2016. When is Microsoft going to actually add the feature that has been available through third parties since prior to 2016?
I wonder if the Task to create this is on a 'Developer Task board' back in MS Planner HQ.