SOLVED

Plan freezes after creating some tasks

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

One of our Planner users is having though time updating her Plan. She created a big Plan for her department with 11 buckets and over 140 tasks. Every time she needs to update it (normally once a month), Planner freezes after a couple of minutes and she needs to restart the App. She tried Firefox and Chrome (no Edge, thank you) and she still has the same problem. She has a new laptop and uses Windows 10. Any idea on how to make her experience better. She is one of our early adopters and we really want her to have a good experience. Thanks. Hector

4 Replies
best response confirmed by hvilar (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Well, while it's true the Plan is quite big it doesn't sound to me it's reaching any Planner limit. So best that can be done here is to open a support ticket to confirm if theare are or not any limits reached here

Thanks Juan Carlos.

I agree with you. The Plan is big, but it's not crazy big. It's going to be hard to replicate the issue with Microsoft. Hey, Microsoft, work on a big Plan until it freezes ;) I'm wondering if Planner has some kind of "timer" that makes it stop working after a certain time. Just wondering. Thanks for your help.

If this is a big plan, mine must be gigantic!

I’ve got a plan with about 50 buckets and each bucket has 1 to 9 tasks a piece and each task contains an average of 6 or so checklist items and all tasks also have two or more labels. Continuing on, every task has a decent sized description!
Meant to add, that I do have performance issues and posted that here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner/Planner-Limitations/td-p/61650/page/2
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by hvilar (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Well, while it's true the Plan is quite big it doesn't sound to me it's reaching any Planner limit. So best that can be done here is to open a support ticket to confirm if theare are or not any limits reached here

View solution in original post