New Plan assigned not showing in 'Recent Plans'

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I just noticed that when another user assigned you to a new private Plan, although there was already an email notification that a new Plan/Task was added to you, that created Plan will not show in your list of Plans ( like My Recent Plans).  

It will only show when you click the planner link on the email notification that Plan/Task has been added to you.

Any idea why is this happening or is this the normal behavior of Microsoft Planner?

Thank you, 

Rose

9 Replies
Hi Rose,
I think it works like in this way: until you don't access the Plan, It does not show in the list of Plans...I don't remeber to see this documented somewhere and I agree It would not work in this way

Hi,

As @Juan Carlos González Martín said, this is an expected behavior as "Recent Plans" feature works only in the Planner portal (tasks.office.com) context. You can see plans only that you have visited recently from this portal itself.

Hi, @Kevin Morgan  and @Juan Carlos González Martín !

Thank you very much for your inputs.

Another inquiry, when a new task is assigned to you from a new plan where you are not a member, does that plan get automatically added to your plans or do you have to still click on the link on the email for that plan to be added to your plans. 

Thank you again!

Hi

AFAIK, no task can be assigned to you if you are not a member of the plan and the assignee picker UI itself list only members of the plan (member of the group the plan is associated). So I think your scenario is not possible to occur.

Hi, @Kevin Morgan !

As per testing,  you instantly become a member of the plan when a task is assigned to you.

I am trying to pull all plans (backend) and noticed that that plan will not be automatically listed in your plans without clicking the email link or opening the task.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

True, but the assigned user become a member of the group when you do!
Should be an notification of this happening though

Adam

Hi @adam deltinger ,

Sorry seems I have missed this feature. Thanks for your question.

As for as "Recent Plans" concerned, as I already said the "Recent Plans" feature works only in the Planner portal (tasks.office.com) context. You can see plans only that you have visited recently from this portal itself. Even though you pulled all plans from other app or back-end (hope you are using Graph Api for this), the pulled plans won't be listed here. 

Hi! I know this is how it works from teams! I’ll check and get back to you