New Changes Have Been Made to # Tasks While You Were Away!

Brass Contributor

Hello!

Still a little new to using Planner, but I noticed when I log in, I will get a bubble notification that says "New Changes were made to # tasks while you were away". Is there a way to see what the changes were or even what task it occurred in? For now, it feels a little like Where's Waldo in tracking the changes down.  Similar to being told "Something is different!" but no information about what is different. Maybe I'm missing a simple feature, please advise! Thank you!

6 Replies
Brilliant description! I totally agree with you, the alert is next to useless if it doesn't tell you to which changes it is referring.
having this same issue. I've got over 100 tasks with 10 members on 1 of 12 planners I'm managing. no reason saying changes were made if it doesn't give detail.
Hi,
Following up to see if anybody has updates or a workaround regarding consolidated/summary of updates?

@rahulgcab There is some ability in the use of Power Automate ( now called Workflows) in Teams.

I have set up a very simple workflow that logs a message to a channel board every time a task is completed. It is not very sophisticated, and certainly leaves much to be desired. With some creative finesse, a similar approach might meet your needs. I am no expert, but have implemented small routines that help me keep my sanity when trying to track tasks that are widely dispersed through several individuals. Perhaps that will help, until Microsoft implements something better, which does not seem to be on the roadmap of updates. Cheers!

@benfordyce I think it highlights the tasks with a thin grey line to let you know what tasks have changed

I tried this through workflows and it worked. It does the basic job!
Thanks!