Microsoft Planner Questions

Copper Contributor

1) Is there a way that only the admin or originally task creator can be the only one to delete task? at the moment, anyone can delete the tasks and that is concerning that there is no recall on which ones have been deleted. 

2) Is there a way to attach files from computer within the task? Right now the only files that can be attached are from a link or sharepoint. 

3) Is there a way that when we create the bucket names as we move them along from one to the other, the status changes to match? at the moment is stays not started unless we manually click on task and change status. 

4) is there anyway that reports can be done? I was looking for a report that can fit within a timeframe such as payroll week, etc. 

2 Replies
Hi Cecilia,
Let me answer your questions:
1) Unfortunately no
2) No, the only possibilities to attach a file are the ones you have mentioned
3) Unfortunately no
4) You could potentially create custom reports in Power BI that get data from your Planner Plans using the Microsoft Graph API

Hi @Cecilia Munoz, I agree with @Juan Carlos González Martín replies and would like to add few points to it. 

Q2: Is there a way to attach files from computer within the task? Right now the only files that can be attached are from a link or sharepoint. 

It is possible to attach the file from computer when you access Planner from web browser (tasks.office.com) and not from Teams tab. 

Q4: is there anyway that reports can be done? I was looking for a report that can fit within a timeframe such as payroll week, etc. 

You need to use Graph APIs and build the reports you need. But it is time consuming and you cant all reports you need. For now you need to relay on third party apps to get the reports in Grid view / export to excel / Populate the planner data in Power BI dashboard.