SOLVED

Microsoft Planner is being set up - is the service down?

Copper Contributor

Was in the middle of editing a Task and the pink error bar showed up at the bottom of the screen.  Refreshed the browser and now the screen says 'Microsoft Planner is being set up'

Is Planner down?

8 Replies

@HeyYou Down for me too, I get a 500 or 503 Service Unavailable error.

Same here... second day of rolling out teams and planner for my organization.. I have full confidence in the product but hopefully UA isn't hurt too badly by this.

I have the same, also very confusingly the mobile apps are also affected - on the Planner app which I use extensively, I first saw it, saying 'your plan is no longer available do you want to remove it'. Online the same 503 errors as others. I have stopped using everything right now until the issue is resolved, although in admin.microsoft.com Planner is reported as 'working normally'...

@HeyYou It's back up for me now.

Looks like it went backup But when you assign a Task to anyone on planner - It shows assigned but after a few mins it unassigned again
Not sure what could have happened here, but Planner is working well to me

There was a degradation of the service! but it seems fixed now

best response confirmed by HeyYou (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Users may have received an error when attempting to access Planner.

Title: Unable to access Planner

User Impact: Users may have received an error when attempting to access Planner.

More info: Users were receiving an error that indicated that an internal server error had occurred.
Users who were able to access Planner may have experienced random functionality failures while signed in.

Final status: We've reverted the change and have confirmed through our telemetry that the issue is resolved.

Scope of impact: This issue could have potentially affected any of your users that were attempting to access Planner.

Start time: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, at 9:01 PM UTC

End time: Thursday, June 13, 2019, at 1:20 AM UTC

Root cause: A recent Planner service configuration change inadvertently caused service access and functionality issues.

Next steps:
We're reviewing our change procedures to better understand why this issue was not previously identified and to prevent similar problems in the future.

This is the final update for the event.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HeyYou (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Users may have received an error when attempting to access Planner.

Title: Unable to access Planner

User Impact: Users may have received an error when attempting to access Planner.

More info: Users were receiving an error that indicated that an internal server error had occurred.
Users who were able to access Planner may have experienced random functionality failures while signed in.

Final status: We've reverted the change and have confirmed through our telemetry that the issue is resolved.

Scope of impact: This issue could have potentially affected any of your users that were attempting to access Planner.

Start time: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, at 9:01 PM UTC

End time: Thursday, June 13, 2019, at 1:20 AM UTC

Root cause: A recent Planner service configuration change inadvertently caused service access and functionality issues.

Next steps:
We're reviewing our change procedures to better understand why this issue was not previously identified and to prevent similar problems in the future.

This is the final update for the event.

View solution in original post