SOLVED

Label edit ability disappeared?

Copper Contributor

I previously had been able to edit task labels in Planner (accessed through Teams) by opening the Label list and then clicking an edit pencil beside the label. That edit ability appears to have disappeared. The previously edited labels still have the names I've assigned them, but I'm unable to edit any of the other labels that have the colour name placeholders.

Here's a screenshot to show what I see now. In the past, a pencil appeared on the far right of each label row. I've not included my already named labels as they contain client names I'd rather not show:

Canadian_Cathy_0-1635168651000.png

This appears to have happened in the last three months - any insight on what is happening here would be appreciated.

6 Replies
Hi,
Strange, I'm not aware of any change on that direction...maybe a temporary issue?
I hope that is the case. I did shut down Teams and restart it, and also tried through the Planner portal on the web without any luck.
best response confirmed by Canadian_Cathy (Copper Contributor)
Solution
This just happened to me as well. I'm on a mac, accessing planner via Chrome.
I was able to work around issue using Planner for iPad OS. I presume Planner for iOS would have similar result. Hope that helps for now?

@callmekarri - Thanks for that workaround! I'm also using a Mac and accessing Planner through both Teams desktop app or Chrome for the web version of Planner.

I downloaded Planner to my iPhone and was able to edit the label in question from there. Hopefully they'll update the web version soon!

Greetings,

We are now experiencing same issue: even as owners of the Team we cannot edit the labels. We just don't have the pencil icon to edit. We have tried Windows, Mac, Android, IOS and Chrome clients.

How we were able to edit the lables:
1. Add label to any task.
2. Open task
3. Click on the label text and edit.

In Windows Teams -client this resulted the editing pencil to also appear to the list. In Mac client it didn't.

Hope this helps someone.

---- EJ

@EJLaunis Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  It works (Windows 11).  I never would have thought to try that.  I had all-but given up on labels.  

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Canadian_Cathy (Copper Contributor)
Solution
This just happened to me as well. I'm on a mac, accessing planner via Chrome.
I was able to work around issue using Planner for iPad OS. I presume Planner for iOS would have similar result. Hope that helps for now?

View solution in original post