How to sync a planner plan with an excel file?

Copper Contributor

Hi @ Planner Community,

I wonder how I could sync a list of task in a Planner plan with an Excel file.

I cannot find any doc in this community or anywhere else.

In Excel (v. 16.0.11328.20438), in Data* tab > Get data*, I'm trying to connect to my plan and get the related data using:

1. "From another source > From a Sharepoint list"*
  2. "From another source > From the web"*
  3. "From an online service > From a SharePoint Online list"*
  4. "From a file > From a SharePoint folder"*

but none of these works ...

The only one that gives me hint it connects to the right plan is the #2: indeed the pop-up window shows in the left hand side when in "browser display"* tab my plan.

But no way to get the data in the same form as a simple export of my plan.

I've search on Planner API on Microsoft Graph too (https://developer.microsoft.com/fr-fr/graph/graph-explorer?request=planner/plans/%7Bid%7D/tasks&vers...) but I don't know how to make this work.

Any idea about how I could simply (I'm a simple user, not an admin, not a dev) get my plan synced in a file under the format of a simple list of tasks (I used to sync tasks lists in SharePoint that same way some years ago, very simple, no need to be a genius tech dev)?

Thank you in advance,

* : I'm using a French version of Excel, then my own English translation of the menu titles might be not fully correct ...

3 Replies
Definitively the way to go is by means of the Microsoft Graph API

@VincentTotal you need to use Graph API to get the planner tasks. But unfortunately, Sync is not an easy job to try by yourself. You can try the third-party app to have this done for you. Let me know if you need any suggestions. 

@VincentTotal 

If you want to avoid a lot of work syncing Planner to something like Excel, I suggest using the SharePoint Boards view instead to get a Planner-like display experience that is built off an Excel-like table in SharePoint.

See this template for an example: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Cookbook/Project-Tracker-SharePoint-and-Teams/td-...