How do I get bucket view in "assigned to me" tasks

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I'm wondering how to get back the bucket view in the "assigned to me" tasks in planner. I know I can toggle views within the "shared plans", but I really dislike the list view for my own tasks. It is clunky and less organized for me to read, opposed to the three buckets for "Not Started", "In Progress", and "Complete". 

Thanks!

6 Replies

@vandamaurora  Any luck with this?  I am also trying to add "bucket" as a viewable column in the "Assigned to me" view of Planner within Teams.

@vandamaurora I'm assuming you are referencing the tasks/planner app in Teams.  I don't believe there is a way to have a bucket view for "My tasks" including the "assigned to me" list.  I think that is because My tasks is pulling tasks from To Do and those tasks don't have buckets.  I can think of two ways to get you close to what you are trying for...  In "Shared plans" you can apply a filter to only show tasks assigned to you.  The disadvantage of this you can only see one planner board at a time.  Alternatively, you can get close by using the "My tasks" view in the Planner web app (tasks.office.com) and changing the group by settings.  Disadvantage of that is you are not in Teams, but you could add it as a tab in your team.  Hope that helps.

Hey !!

I have moved my organisation to microsoft and every1 else is reporting this issue too. If we have the same tasks in diffirent buckets You can not distinguish them in "To Do". This is a really easy to implement and usefull feature. Hope someone will pay attention to our request
very helpful!
Hi there,
I was wondering if anything has been done to solve this issue. We also have multiple buckets that have the same tasks and when looking at the "assigned to me" tasks in "To Do" we can not distinguish which bucket they relate to. It is frustrating and time-consuming to then have to go to the Planner or Teams to identify the bucket.

If there is anything that could be done to solve it, like adding the name of the bucket next to the name of the Plan underneath the task, that would be fantastic and very much appreciated!!!!!
I have seen a number of requests for this option but can't seem to fin d anything that says this has been resolved. I want to have my own buckets in my list which may be different to
the ones the rest of the team wish to use