Guest accounts on Planner and Email notifications

Copper Contributor

I have a planner site and added various guest users. However, when I assign tasks to them or update the task, non of the guest users are getting email updates. I have enabled all notification options in the planner settings (i am the owner) but still no joy. 

Why do guests not get any updates? All users within my organisation do get updates

14 Replies
Do guest users receive e-mails sent to the underlying Group?

what do you mean underlying group? The guest user inbox didnt have a group email in his inbox

Hi,
We've also run into this issue with our guests. Any resolution or suggestions on fixing this?

Hello,

Do we have any updates on this? hope that this will be resolved soon.

Thanks,

Al

Go to uservoice and vote ;)

@Lukas Koziel Just did. Thanks for posting that link. This is incredibly lame. I was very psyched to use Planner for the first time with outside vendors on a project and now realize I can't. I use it internally and really like it. They need to fix this obvious flaw.

Still no resolution. I was trying to get this working over the past few days - no luck. Odd, as the underlying group is now e-mail enabled.

Any update on this? we have facing this issue and want to send notification to guest users. @Philip Duarte