Empty backlog for Microsoft Planner - should we being worried?

Brass Contributor

Hello,

I see that MS Planner roadmap is empty: https://www.microsoft.com/en/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=planner

In my company we are promoting the tool quite a lot. Should we be worried that backlog is empty?

5 Replies

@Curzio Scuffi, I'd like to know more about this as well. My company is bringing this onboard and I am concerned that this program is no longer maturing. There are still many things to be enhanced, and I think with the right outlook this program will be a serious contender in this software space. But, it isn't there yet...

@MReeseDuo Let's put it this way, the roadmap does not reflect the engineering backlog. Its a tool that is used by PMs and Marketing to make it easier to inform customers as well as present the information in a nicer form. Unfortunately, due to not pulling from the actual backlog automatically (its curated, hand entered information), it can sometimes become stale or completely out of date.

Rest assured, Planner is going strong :)

Since Planner was released some years ago, the pace of new functionalities has been really slow so not having new items in the roadmap about Planner I would say is expected

Thanks @Anubhav Singh (OFFICE 365) 

I really hope so, because i have colleagues from business asking to us Monday.com , but instead I'd really like to promote Planner , as i consider both very similar task management tools.

I have tried to compare the two and I see that Indeed there are a couple of useful capabilities not yet covered in Planner (tagging of tasks, workflow attached to tasks, workload management, etc.)

Best,
C

@Anubhav Singh,

That's great to hear! I look forward to seeing this program mature more, especially in the face of stiff competition from programs like Monday.com, Flow, Trello, etc. I look forward to future updates.