Disappearing Tasks

Steel Contributor

Anyone else having tasks disappearing?  I'm working in Planner and my screen refreshed and 8 tasks disappeared from my boards.  I can go into charts and see I have 10 tasks, but only 2 show on my board and I can't seem to access any of the tasks that have disappeared.

Snap4.jpgSnap5.jpg

10 Replies

Yes - we see this. We actaully stoped using planner because of this. Its proven to be very unstable. 

I faced the same problem.

I added 31 tasks in a plan, but my manager (plan member) could see only 10 tasks. Though on his charts, it shows 31 tasks but only 10 are visible.

When I added another member, he could see all 33 tasks. 

This is a big issue of data loss and inconsistency which needs to be fixed. 

Yes, I've suffered this too. It's just me using Planner right now, but I'm getting ready to pilot it with a small team to stress test it. I would be lying if I was to stay I wasn't a LITTLE nervous about how this will go.

How is this issue working out? Any experience?

We are thinking about organizing a large event using Planner, but I can't have any risk of loosing tasks.

I haven't seen any more issues, and my tasks did eventually re-appear.

Same here, quite disappointing actually. We've been using it for ages and now one plans tasks are not working for some users. Wonder if it is related to the Teams integration?

Hi All, I have spoken with some customers where the relationship of Teams and Planner can make it appear that tasks are not consistent - please take a look at https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/brismith/2016/11/17/microsoft-teams-and-microsoft-planner-what-to-e... to see if this might explain things.  If this doesn't fit the experience you are having then get a support ticket opened by your administrator and we can investigate.

Best regards,

Brian

I just lost a whole bunch of work that I did today. We've been starting to use Teams very heavily, but having our data disappear is a non-starter.

Yes - I am having the same problem.  I created my plananer via the website since my channel is private and this was the only way to add a planner to a private channel.  Do you think it has something to do with that?  I've never had this happen before but I haven't been using it very long @Erin Scupham 

@Erin Scupham 

1. Refresh the Page: Sometimes, a simple refresh of the page can resolve display issues. Press the refresh button in your browser or use the keyboard shortcut (F5 or Ctrl + R) to reload the Planner interface.

2. Clear Browser Cache: Cached data in your browser might cause display inconsistencies. Clear your browser's cache and cookies, and then try accessing Planner again.