Cannot delete a Planner Bucket

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello Planner team, I have noticed that when you try to delete a bucket (... -> Delete -> Delete) the button does not work and the bucket is not removed. This happens when the bucket is empty.

I was able to replicate this issue both on Firefox 57.0 and MS Edge 40.15063. The steps to replicate are creating a new bucket (without adding any tasks to it) and then trying to delete. The workaround I used for this problem was to create a new empty task on the bucket and them delete it.

I haven't found this issue reported before, but please let me know if this is the intended behaviour or is already being looked into.

Best regards.

8 Replies

@Deleted, yes, I have also found this behaviour in Edge.  Thank you for the tip and work-around.  I have searched a little on this and have not found any other solutions to date.

Let me add a #MeToo to this one. I found the same problem, and the same workaround.

Hello Andre! 

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. A work item has been created and completed for this issue - we will be releasing the fix to production as soon as it's approved. This will allow you to delete a bucket without tasks.

Let me know if this continued to be an issue for you.

Best, 

Joanna Parkhurst

Has this fix been deployed? I am still unable to delete a bucket. Thanks!

Hi Kory

You can delete a bucket (and tasks within it if you wish) by moving the mouse to the top right side of the bucket, clicking onto the ellipses (...) [ellipses is hidden until you hover in line with the bucket name] and selecting Delete.

planner-deletebucket.png

Just make sure that you move any tasks you don't want to lose before you delete the bucket.

**Note: I have also deleted an empty bucket and it works fine.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Damien

I can 100% concur - thanks @damien. (...and for the nice screenshots!)

@Damien Rosario 

Thanks my man.  Well done!  Three years later :0 !!

>>> [ellipses is hidden until you hover in line with the bucket name] 

Is this a common UI behavior ?  I've never bumped into it, or even seen it documented.  Seems like v poor design, because this question (how to delete a bucket?) is asked over and over without a solution.

But, belated thanks!!

thank you indeed