Can Planner in a Team have different people on different plans?

Copper Contributor

If I try to add more than one Plans in a Team, I can't seem to individually control which users see each of those plans. Every Plan inside a Team seems has the same set of members which is not what I'd like. I'd like to be able to give access to specific members on specific Plans. I understand that I can create a new Team with specific members and create a Plan in that other Team, but that;s not what I want to do.

5 Replies
Hi! You can’t do this unfortunately! Every plan created within a team are based upon that underlying office 365 group and those members

Adam

@adam deltingerThanks. Is there a way then, to move tasks from one Plan to another Plan that's outside that team?

Sure! It’s also possible to do stuff like this programmatically but here is a built in copy task feature:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/copy-and-move-planner-tasks-ad43a5d8-c1ad-42fd-b3da-fe97d72...

Adam

@abbasjaffarali Using the Planner built-in function 'Move Task' is limited. The tasks can be moved to any plan within the same Team (Office365 group) and not outside the team. You need to use third-party apps to do this easily. Let me know if you need any suggestions.

Oh dear have just found this out for myself! It seems there has been no change in this capability in the last 3.5 years, unless someone knows different?