Add Guest Member to Planner

Brass Contributor

Hello,

I am a bit confused with the steps to share one private plan from Planner with two external guests. Do I have to create a team in Team or can I share directly from Planner? If this latter, how can I share a Plan? I cannot see any Share option in any menu inside Planner.

Any advice is welcome

rgs

J.

12 Replies
Hi!

This is done by assigning them a task in the plan! Just keep in mind that they will become member of the group as well aka can access groups other resources too

Adam
Last time I tried guest access to Planner you have to add the guests first in the unerlying Group and then you can assign task to them through the Planner UI
I believe you are correct Juan, if not done through the planner tab in teams! This will add the user to the group! But saw this was the planner forum :) I’ll also test this again in a moment
Actually just tried this out and I could add whoever directly in the planner UI! No heads-up message like in teams and they were added to the group automatically
Mmm...interesting, are by chance the guest users already in your Azure AD? I have tried to add a new guest that is not in Azure AD yet to a Planner Plan and it's not doing it

@Adam Thank you Adam. Please, could you post here the steps you took inside Planner to share a Plan to a Guest?

No of course not! Planner only does an looking in the directory and from there add the internal user / guest user to the group! They must be in AAD
;) Correct, but ideally it would allow to add guests in the same way we can do in Office 365 Groups and Teams...but then again we go to the discussion why Planner Dev is so slow ^-^
Yeah, they need to plan thing better :)

Thank you Adam. Please, how to add Guests to AAD so I can create a group inside Planner?

@adam deltinger wrote:
Yeah, they need to plan thing better :)

If you are gonna use the plan with teams you can just add a guest address in teams as a team member and this user will be added to AAD!
Otherwise you do this in AAD admin portal!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/b2b/add-users-administrator

Adam

@J. Sobota  if the Planner is not connected to a Team, you can add external users to the group via OWA.

Go to People > Groups > Owner > select the group and click the Members tab, then Add Members.