will scheduling and tracking hours be added?

New Contributor

Will time allocation per task every be a feature added?  It would be useful to allocate time by task & user so that we can run analytics reports regarding resource availability and other KPIs.

Piggybacking off of that idea, will time tracking be an added feature?  Where a user will enter their hours to a specific task in a plan? 

Thank you!

4 Replies
Thanks for the question. May i take your ask as 1) to be able to allocate time to do this task (in Outlook?), 2) track that time in a task field, is this correct?
Can you share a little more of your role, and the case you're trying to achieve here? Thanks!

@Si Meng I'm probably too late with this response, but just in case I am still going to post!

I work with both Mac and PC users which means we cannot use Microsoft Project.  I was hoping planner might be an option with some creative thinking. 

We need to be able to assign task hours to the user.  We don't need it n Outlook (although that would be nice!).  An example is below.

User: Bob

User: Jane

Project 1

Task A: 2 hours assigned to Bob . [Day 1]

Task B: : 6 hours assigned to Jane [Day 2]

Project 2:

Task A: 6 hours assigned to Bob [Day 1]

Task B: 3 hours: TBD

We need to be able to look at a day and see who is available to work on a task, or if all our resources have already been allocated.

Thank you!

edit to add we also need the users to track their time against a task.
Thanks for the follow up. This is helpful for us to know which business scenario this is asked and better design for it. Thanks for this info!