New MCPP Subscription in Azure

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

Earlier this year I renewed my Action Pack subscription and had to link my billing profile at the same time.

Once that had gone through, I noticed that I had a new Azure subscription called 'MCPP Subscription'

I still also have my Microsoft Partner Network subscription which has all my resource groups etc in.

My query is what is this new subscription? Should I start using it? My credits are linked to the old MPN subscription.

I've not been able to find anything so far about it either on general internet searches or this community.

many thanks

7 Replies

@Finntec Same question here.

@TonyPostSharp 

Deathly silence!

Maybe posting in the wrong place. I might try opening a support ticket instead.

@Finntec I have moved your post to our Partner Benefits board in hopes someone can help you there. 

Thanks for being part of the community! - jill

@Finntec 

MCPP is the Microsoft Cloud Partner Program. 

Details can be found on the following links:

Welcome to the Microsoft Cloud Partner Program

The new Microsoft Cloud Partner Program is live! | Microsoft

Additionally, Partners can log into Partner Center and locate the Microsoft Commercial Partner Incentives Guide to find Partner Qualification for Microsoft Partners with a MCPP Specialization for certain products. 

If this reply answers your question, please Accept as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Otherwise, if after reviewing the information you have additional questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Microsoft CSP Licensing Concierge

Hi @Finntec ,

here you have the answer:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/mpn-benefits-azure-cloud#redeem-your-azure-credits 

ClaudioStallone_0-1715832828777.png

So you need to activate the new Azure Subscription.

Then you need to open a Microsoft Support case:

1. Open a Partner Center Support Case with the following information
    ClaudioStallone_1-1715833040419.png
  2. Problem Summary:
    "Please link the Azure Sponsoring Credits Subscription with the "Sub ID ##########" to the Azure Subscription "ID ##########""

Is this required though?

My Microsoft Partner Network subscription is still active and I'm getting monthly credits as normal. Just I now also see MCPP subscription option but have been ignoring it as everything works.

What benefit does the MCPP subscription give me, or will my existing subscription stop receiving credits? Do I have to recreate my entire Azure environment to use the new subscription? !!! or will moving resources just move everything across, and there won't be any down time (active VMs running for example)?

I'm on a MAPS that was renewed a few months back.
MCPP subscription is created at the time you link your billing profile to make the renewal of your Action Pack, as the system still needs an Azure subscription to invoice that purchase.