SOLVED

Incentives & VAT

Copper Contributor

Hi

We've started receiving Incentive payments this year (we are in the UK) - I'm struggling to find out if we need to account for VAT on these payments?

Thanks

Michelle

5 Replies

@Michelle66 Hello,

I don't know about this, but I have inquired internally. If I hear anything back I will circle back and post here for you! 

best response confirmed by JillArmour (Community Manager)
Solution

@Michelle66 this is what I was asked to share:

"In these cases, the partner should initiate a support request in Partner Center. If the support team can’t immediately answer the question they will track down the appropriate SME. In this case, I think is will be a finance person in operations that will need to respond."

I hope that helps a little bit, sorry I can't help more! 

@Michelle66 @JillArmour 

Hi Michelle, 

I was not managing this community when you posted your question, however, I apologize for the delay. 

I'd like to provide the information that I was able to find pretty quickly. You should be able to log into Partner Center and do a keyword search for VAT to find the document confirming that you are taxed based on your details, not your customers' details, because the billing relationship is between Microsoft and you. 

For value-added tax (VAT) exemption, you must submit your VAT ID (validated by Microsoft) through Accounts Settings > Legal Info > Reseller > Bill-to Info. If the VAT ID is submitted after account setup, your invoices prior to that request won't have a VAT ID stamped on the invoice PDF. You'll see the changes on your next billing cycle. Understand taxes and credits - Partner Center | Microsoft Learn

If this reply answers your question, please Accept as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Otherwise, please let me know if you need further assistance on this topic.

Regards,

Microsoft CSP Licensing Concierge

Hi
Thank you for replying to my query.
I have followed your instructions through ie Accounts Settings > Legal Info > Reseller > but there is no option for "Bill-to Info"?
Regards
Michelle

@Michelle66 

Please carefully review the information in the link provided in my previous reply.:smile:

As mentioned in that link, there are two ways to submit your tax identifier, therefore, if one is not working, I would try the other option. Please also note the qualifier if you're outside of the renewal window:

LicensingConcierge_1-1693316902288.png

For more tax information, consult your local tax office or tax advisor.

If this reply answers your question, please Accept as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Otherwise, please let me know if you need further assistance on this topic.

Regards,

Microsoft CSP Licensing Concierge

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JillArmour (Community Manager)
Solution

@Michelle66 this is what I was asked to share:

"In these cases, the partner should initiate a support request in Partner Center. If the support team can’t immediately answer the question they will track down the appropriate SME. In this case, I think is will be a finance person in operations that will need to respond."

I hope that helps a little bit, sorry I can't help more! 

View solution in original post