what to when Losing my .edu accounts due to retirement?

Copper Contributor

As a retiring educator, I expect to soon lose my .edu accounts. Would prefer not to lose all my. edu emails, but understand they may be held on school's server and may lose them. Can they be saved? More importantly, can I move my Outlook calendar and contacts to another account that I will need to create? Other steps I can take? Have some gmail accounts but happy to open a Microsoft email account if advised to do so. Use Outlook for Mac version 16.72.2 but also get email, calendar and Contacts on IPhone, IPad. Thanks and try to keep it simple.

1 Reply

@spedprof 

You can export your contacts easily to a CSV file (similar to Excel) by following these MS365 subscription steps. 

Outlook Windows

• File | Options | Open & Export | Import/Export
  • Export to a file | Next | Comma Separated Values 
  • Select the Contact folder (Do not select any related items; you may be blocked)

Outlook Web

• Manage Contacts | Export | All Contacts

Emails you have the option to save a PST data file. This option is not available for Outlook web

Outlook Windows

• File | Options | Open & Export | Import/Export
  • Outlook Data File | Next | 
  • Select your personal folder (Do not select any related items; you may be blocked)

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as best response or like it, which will assist others with the same question.

/Teresa

#traccreations4e