SOLVED

What symbol is this?

Copper Contributor

I've attached an image of a symbol in my outlook. What is this a symbol of? What does this symbol mean?

WHITE RECTANGLE.png

Thanks

6 Replies
Looks like the standard "message you've replied to" icon?
Does it have a symbol in the upper left corner? It would either be a reply to a digitally signed or encrypted message - a regular reply wouldn't have the envelope icon.

The icons in the black theme are awful. <g>

@Diane Poremsky so it's supposed to be an icon of an envelope? 

best response confirmed by NATEJOLLAY (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@NATEJOLLAY  It's not a good screenshot, but I think so- with a purple arrow.

This is a blown up version from my inbox - in the compact message list. 

DianePoremsky_0-1659717279997.png

Another blown up version of your icon and mine.  The thread expander tells me you're using the single line view... and (guessing here) you removed / rearranged some of the fields... If the field is narrow, the icon is cut off. 

Maybe its not signed, just cut off.... 

DianePoremsky_2-1659718108293.png

And for an addition to the "Outlook is nuts" list <g> ... if I move the icon field right, its just a simple reply arrow (if not signed - signed icon doesn't change). 

DianePoremsky_0-1659718942897.png

Great. This answers my question. Thank you the response. Curiosity got the best of me.
>>
Curiosity got the best of me.
<<
Me too. That's why I tried to replicate the screen and discovered why it looked so goofy.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by NATEJOLLAY (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@NATEJOLLAY  It's not a good screenshot, but I think so- with a purple arrow.

This is a blown up version from my inbox - in the compact message list. 

DianePoremsky_0-1659717279997.png

Another blown up version of your icon and mine.  The thread expander tells me you're using the single line view... and (guessing here) you removed / rearranged some of the fields... If the field is narrow, the icon is cut off. 

Maybe its not signed, just cut off.... 

DianePoremsky_2-1659718108293.png

And for an addition to the "Outlook is nuts" list <g> ... if I move the icon field right, its just a simple reply arrow (if not signed - signed icon doesn't change). 

DianePoremsky_0-1659718942897.png

View solution in original post