Using "and" with Outlook Rules

Copper Contributor

I have created two complimentary rules that are not working correctly. If anyone has a suggestion as to what I am during wrong, I would greatly appreciate it. 

I am sending email responses from two different classes to two different folders. Each of the two rules has two elements: (1)a list of the sending student email addresses from a single class and (2) the word "Today" in the "Subject". However, I am getting both sets of student responses sent to both folders. What I want is the responses from one class to go into one folder and the responses from the other class going into the second folder. 

6 Replies
Could you show your rules?

@Victor Ivanidze Please see below. For security reasons, I have to black out student names/emails.

None of the students are in both classes? How many students in the class? If you have a lot of names, it could fail on that condition. Are there other conditions you can use - like class name - in the message?

One option is using + addressing - have the students in each class add the class name to your address - quattda+class1@domain - then you can filter on the sent to address. If plus addressing is not enabled, the admin can enable it.
There are 17 students in one class and 14 in the other. So, I would think that is low enough to work. No, there is no overlap of students between the two classes.

Scenario:
I send out a daily email to both classes describing what we are doing that day (thus the "Today" in the Subject which distinguishes that set of emails from others I send them). I set up asking for an automatic "Read Receipt" from the students to ensure they are opening the email. These rules are to separate the responses by the AM students from the PM. I can then look quickly at the "unread" email count for each folder (AM Response & PM Response) to see that I received a response from all the students present. However, the responses going to both folders defeats the purpose.
I can check with IT and ask about + addressing to see if that is possible.
Thanks
I don't think plus addressing will help with read receipts.
If you are using Exchange online (Office 365) you'd better create a single Power Automate flow instead of set of rules.