Usermailbox in Office 365 with read only permissions

MVP

Hi Folks ,

I have a customer requirement where users should have read only access on their own mailbox . They should only be able to see the incoming emails but they shouldn't be able to delete it ,reply to it ,  forward it or anything else apart from just reading the email which comes to their inbox . How can this be achieved ? I tried the PowerShell commands but I couldn't find the right one as most of them where talking about setting permissions on another user's mailbox or permissions on a shared mailbox but none of them were related to altering the  existing permissions on the user's own mailbox . Could you folks please check and help me with some steps to achieve this ? Thanks in advance . 

2 Replies

@VigneshGanesan Hello! You posted in the Microsoft Teams space and I'm not sure what this question has to do with Teams. I've moved it to the Outlook space - please post Outlook questions here in the future.

Hi @VigneshGanesan,

assign a single shared mailbox for all users.  Instruct users  do not use their personal mailboxes at all.