Uninstalled A file.......PST file got lost in translation

Copper Contributor

Ok I will start from the beginning...…..I am running an HP desktop with Win10 pro 64bit and I had a subscription to AVG Anti-Track that I was trying out. Well I didn't wish to keep it so I uninstalled it a day before the subscription was due for renewal. Yes I already signed on to my AVG account and stopped the renewal. Anyways during the uninstall some data got lost other than the PST file which in on an external HDD by the way. I have tried it all, uninstalling Office and reinstalling, using the scanpst.exe utility, I even tried using the restore points and there were only 2 restore points to choose from and I tried both to no avail. My question is as to why the .pst file got corrupted in  the first place? as when I reinstalled Office 2016 and directed Outlook to the .pst file on the HDD ALL and I mean ALL emails written and saved in folders since June 2015 are gone. As are some of the folder I had created since then. Is there a way to get them back? I know this sounds vague so if you need more info or clarification please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance for the help. I have attached a pic if that helps. The PST file on the C drive was created when I reinstalled Office, BTW It's Office 365 that was purchased using the Microsoft HUP program. 

Russell

0 Replies