Teams as default meeting spacd

Iron Contributor

Recent announcement for Outlook on the web stated:

Use Teams for online meetings: After this change takes place, if your organization has enabled Microsoft Teams, the new Outlook on the web will use Teams as the default online meeting tool instead of Skype for Business. If your organization hasn’t enabled Teams, the new Outlook on the web will continue to use Skype for Business. This update will only show in the new Outlook on the web and not in the classic experience.

We use Teams, but don't (at the moment) wish to use this for online meetings.  Will this change force users to Teams, even though we are operating in 'Islands' mode, and don't have the options to migrate to Teams available to us in the admin portal?

4 Replies

I think you will get both options. in Outlook. But be aware the move within Microsoft is going fast! So i would start to prepare to go to Teams all the way. It is also better for your users as they will have a one place app instead of skype and teams.

@Deleted wrote:

I think you will get both options. in Outlook. But be aware the move within Microsoft is going fast! So i would start to prepare to go to Teams all the way. It is also better for your users as they will have a one place app instead of skype and teams.

But I don't have the option to move.  The only options I have are 'Islands' and 'Skype for Business only'

Did you ever get a solution for this? We have the same issue.

Thanks

By a strange coincidence, I noticed that the new options appeared in our tenant yesterday.  Not tried them yet.