Something Went Wrong - adding IMAP account

%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-2253177%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3ESomething%20Went%20Wrong%20-%20adding%20IMAP%20account%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-2253177%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EThe%20ost%20file%20for%20an%20IMAP%20account%20got%20corrupted%20and%20would%20not%20repair.%20So%20I%20removed%20the%20account.%20I%20tried%20to%20add%20it%20again%2C%20but%20I%20keep%20getting%20'Something%20went%20wrong'%20message.%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EI%20can%20see%20the%20test%2Fset-up%20messages%20arrive%20OK%20if%20I%20view%20the%20account%20on%20another%20device%2C%20so%20I%20believe%20the%20settings%20I%20have%20are%20correct.%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EIt%20seems%20to%20be%20creating%20a%20zero%20byte%20ost%20file.%20I%20have%20tried%20deleting%20this.%20I%20also%20tried%20running%20chkdsk%20%2Ff%20to%20fix%20any%20disk%20errors%20on%20the%20C%3A%20drive.%3CBR%20%2F%3EOutlook%20version%202102(Build%2013801.20360)%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E
New Contributor

The ost file for an IMAP account got corrupted and would not repair. So I removed the account. I tried to add it again, but I keep getting 'Something went wrong' message.

I can see the test/set-up messages arrive OK if I view the account on another device, so I believe the settings I have are correct.

It seems to be creating a zero byte ost file. I have tried deleting this. I also tried running chkdsk /f to fix any disk errors on the C: drive.
Outlook version 2102(Build 13801.20360)

1 Reply

I eventually managed to add the account by going through Windows Control Panel, and using the Mail option in there to create the account.