SOLVED

Since yesterday's update, Outlook no longer pulling new email down to Android phone

Brass Contributor

I no longer automatically see new email in my Outlook Inbox on my Android phone.  I have to manually reload the Outlook page (drag my finger from top to bottom of the screen) for the email to arrive.  The emails do show up in Windows Outlook, and everything else still works fine in my Android Outlook (send emails, calendar sync, contacts sync, etc.).  But since I got an Outlook update yesterday, and I've not changed any settings, I assume it's new bug?

Outlook version: 4.2336.0 (42336808)

Android version: 13

4 Replies
I forgot to mention that I've rebooted, cleared cache, and done a "RESET ACCOUNT".
best response confirmed by JayAtNFT (Brass Contributor)
Solution
This appears to be working again. I've done nothing, and see no app updates since yesterday, so I'll write it off as something MSFT noticed and fixed on the backend.
Same issue for me. Updated Outlook 9/24 and the OP describes it perfectly. Except - mine didn't fix itself after a full day. Reset account, cleared cache, rebooted, etc.
Any ideas?
My Outlook for Android app (ver 4.2343.1) stopped working (no 'send'/'receive' function: "sent" emails go to Outbox & stay there) on Nov 7, 2024 (coincidental with the last Outlook for Android App update: Nov 7, 2024). Samsung Galaxy 22 Ultra. Still not working today 11/13 & I find little references in MS Support websites for this app. I've rebooted the phone, checked Settings in the app but I find no "Reset" options anywhere, as suggested by the single troubleshooting tip found so far. Has anyone experienced this & found a solution?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JayAtNFT (Brass Contributor)
Solution
This appears to be working again. I've done nothing, and see no app updates since yesterday, so I'll write it off as something MSFT noticed and fixed on the backend.

View solution in original post